I don’t know why but in the recent time when I see people with dogs I always ask myself
for what do these people have dogs?
In the past I didn’t care about people having dogs or at least these kind of thoughts never came up in my mind and I think one reason is that mostly I just see a dog outside with a human being. You usually don’t see someone walking with his or her cat outside. So if the question comes up in my mind I just think:
- They probably feel alone
- They need to go out so that the dog can pee or poop
- Please take care of the poop and throw it away
- They maybe have childs and that was the first reason at all they got a dog
- A dog is someone you can talk to and never will say “no” or disagree with you so it’s an easy going creature to live with
- It makes them happy
- You need to spend time to take care of the dog, it’s like a child
- I remember a question someone asked me when we talked about the topic about vegeterians, vegans, plant-based diets, eat no meat, etc. This person asked me “Do you have a pet and do I eat meat?“. The first part at this time I answered with “No”. The response was that if I would have a pet, why do I eat meat?
- The human desire to have responsibility and control and the need to feel like something is dependent on us
- You get a dog because you want a dog