Read Quotes #1 and Quotes #2 to understand why I’m writing a list of 5 quotes once every week.
- All this should come as no great surprise. For thousands years, we have known the perils of getting exactly what you wish for. In every story where someone is granted three wishes, the third wish is always to undo the first two wishes. In summary, it seems that the march towards superhuman intelligence is unstoppable, but success might be the undoing of the human race. Not all is lost, however. We have to understand where we went wrong and then fix it. - Human Compatible: Artificial Intelligence and the Problem of Control
- Stress: The Health Epidemic of the 21st Century - SciTech Connect
- Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. - Carl Jung
- I dream of a world where the truth is what shapes people’s politics, rather than politics shaping what people think is true. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
- If you won’t attack a problem while it’s solvable and wait until it’s unfixable, you can argue that you are so damn foolish that you deserve the problem. - Charlie Munger