Read Quotes #1 and Quotes #2 to understand why I’m writing a list of 5 quotes once every week.
- Let‘s remind ourselves of the task at hand: to design machines with a high degree of intelligence — so that they can help us with difficult problems — while ensuring that those machines never behave in ways that make us seriously unhappy. The task is, fortunately, not the following: given a machine that possesses a high degree of intelligence, work out how to control it. If that were the task, we would be toast. - Human Compatible: Artificial Intelligence and the Problem of Control
- Make stuff you love and talk about stuff you love and you’ll attract people who love that kind of stuff. It’s that simple. - Austin Kleon
- To learn something well, you need to study it for a while and then take a break. - Loren Frank
- I Can’t Do Anything for Fun Anymore; Every Hobby Is an Attempt to Make Money - Dave Bennett
- Habits that have a high rate of return in life: - sleep 8+ hours each day - lift weights 3x week - go for a walk each day - save at least 10 percent of your income - read every day - drink more water and less of everything else - leave your phone in another room while you work - James Clear