Read Quotes #1 and Quotes #2 to understand why I’m writing a list of 5 quotes once every week.
- It’s important to note, however, that regardless of the amount of recovery opportunity, the brain never comes close to getting back all sleep it has lost. This is true for total sleep time, just as it is NREM sleep and for REM sleep. That humans (and all other species) can never „sleep back“ that which we have previously lost is one of the most important take-homes of this book. - Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams
- The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates, and a monthly salary. - Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- When you’re finally wealthy, you’ll realize that it wasn’t what you were seeking in the first place. But that’s for another day. - Naval
- The person who doesn’t read is no better of than the person who can’t read. - Mark Twain
- Religious leader David O. McKay taught, “The greatest battles of life are fought out daily in the silent chambers of the soul.” If you win the battles there, if you settle the issues that inwardly conflict, you feel a sense of peace, a sense of knowing what you’re about. And you’ll find that the public victories—where you tend to think cooperatively, to promote the welfare and good of other people, and to be genuinely happy for other people’s successes—will follow naturally. - The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change