Read Quotes #1 and Quotes #2 to understand why I’m writing a list of 5 quotes once every week.
- Take a shower, wash off the day. Drink a glass of water. Make the room dark. Lie down and close your eyes.
Notice the silence. Notice your heart. Still beating. Still fighting. You made it, after all. You made it, another day. And you can make it one more. You’re doing just fine. - Charlotte Eriksson, You’re Doing Just Fine
- Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. - George Bernard Shaw
- Everything you do, you should ask yourself first: Is this good for humanity? If it isn’t, don’t do it. It’s a simple test. You will end up doing much less by the way, if you follow this. You save your energy. - Stoicism as a philosophy for an ordinary life
- I dream of a world where the truth is what shapes people’s politics, rather than politics shaping what people think is true. - I asked my students to turn in their cell phones and write about living without them
- The ability to choose an action that best satisfies conflicting goals is not an add-on that engineers might forget to install and test; it is intelligence. - Nick Bostrom