Read Quotes #1 to understand why I’m writing a list of quotes once every week. I reduced from 10 to 5 cause 10 takes more than 3 minutes to read. So 5 keeps it short.
- When you don’t have food in your life, just for a day, it makes you realise you’re lucky to have it the next day. So the day after fasting, the music that comes out will be very joyous. - Chris Martin
- And I think, What most people do is they let their parents, or their friends talk them out of life! We’re so afraid of failing, but failing is how we succeed! Our schools punish you for making mistakes. And that’s why we have so many people who are afraid of admitting they’re making mistakes, or are afraid of failing! - Robert Kiyosaki
- I was listening to a guy introduced a speaker a while ago. And he was saying people don’t really understand the difference between billionaires and millionaires. He said a million seconds is like 11 days. A billion seconds is 31 years. And I remember that - Graham Duncan
- Hope is not a strategy. Luck is not a factor. Fear is not an option. - James Cameron
- Not saying um & ah allows you to feign complete ignorance. These days that’s a huge bonus. Especially in academia,I’m finding its best to pretend to be a complete fool than to say um & expose your cards. If you say um people respond “Yes do you have something to say? “ Now you are forced to actually speak up & say what you were really thinking, which in this day & age of excessive PC especially in academia can get you into tight situations really fast. Its so much better to say nothing & play dead. - Silence is golden, especially when you need to say something important