Read Quotes #1 and Quotes #2 to understand why I’m writing a list of 5 quotes once every week.
- The very best startup ideas tend to have three things in common: they’re something the founders themselves want, that they themselves can build, and that few others realize are worth doing. Microsoft, Apple, Yahoo, Google, and Facebook all began this way. - Paul Graham | How To Get Startup Ideas
- The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time. - Tom Cargill
- An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin
- Do nothing, expect nothing. Shikantaza is the Japanese translation of a Chinese colloquialism for zazen, which in English means ‘single-minded sitting.’ In shinkantaza, you forget even that you are sitting, and your mind enters a state of nothingness. You are not seeking enlightenment, you are not strengthening your will, you are not doing this for good health — you aren’t actively thinking of anything. In Soto Zen, you simply sit, without striving. - The Art of Simple Living: 100 Daily Practices from a Japanese Zen Monk for a Lifetime of Calm and Joy
- The desire to hold on, to somehow stop change in its tracks, is the greatest source of woe and horror and trouble in our lives. - Buddhism Plain and Simple: The Practice of Being Aware Right Now, Every Day